DaleHeinz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240Xi Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9GunSlinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHeinz View Post
Not sure if you saw my post in another thread. I just had the Dinan midpipe installed last week. Much cheaper than the MPE and I love the sound better. It's kind of like taking ear plugs out and finally hearing the real exhaust. It was always there, just much quieter. Pops and burbles are much louder and more crisp. Start up is enough to wake the wife in the morning, but I'm hoping she gets used to it. Haha.

I'm torn between getting the Dinan exhaust next or going with the stage 1 tuner. I heard the full Dinan exhaust in person at a local car show. It sounded really good, but I wanted to get just the midpipe first to see how I liked this improvement first before spending $1399 more when I might be just as happy without the full exhaust.

I kind of like the idea of making this car a stock looking sleeper, and just doing the midpipe keeps the stock look but turns plenty of heads with the sound.

Cold start up clip.

A few revs once warmed up. Music to my ears.

yes i think i did see it! im in the exact same spot as you. i was debating on the exhaust but i think im going to go with the mid pipe and wheels (got AG M359 18x8.5 in 235/40 MPSS) and then when i get used to all of that i was thinking of pulling the trigger on the Dinan Elite Stage 1..So you like the mid pipe as it is?
Absolutely love it as is. If the car came like this, I may not have ever considered getting a new exhaust. I think you'll be pretty happy with this mod and some new wheels/shoes.

One member has paired the midpipe with the MPE (with some custom modding involved), but I've yet to see a sound clip of that. Would be interesting to compare the two.
Appreciate 2