View Single Post
      03-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #52403
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Two things are potentially causing this. First thing to look for, do you have a HVAV vent in your closet? Do you have anything remotely light that could be blown around in there in the event that you do have an HVAC vent in there? Back in the day, one of my at&t stores always had a problem with the alarm system going off after hours. Long story short, whenever the sales reps would blow up balloons for a sale, special or what have you, the HVAC would kick on at night and blow the balloons around causing the motion sensor to activate. Driving 2 hours in the middle of the night to downtown Nashville to deactivate a motion sensor got old fast. The second thing that can be causing this a faulty motion sensor on the light. This would explain it's sporadic operation. Your landlord should be able to replace either the motion sensor or the entire light itself to solve this issue. Have you reported the problem to them?

I'd still wear garlic around that thing though.
It's just strange because it only happens when I wake up. Tuesday night, I woke up at 12:09 AM, got a drink of water, came back to my room and it was on. Wednesday night, woke up at 2:15 AM, used the restroom, came back to my room and it was on. Last night, woke up at 3:09 AM, remembered I left my phone in the living room, got up and walked down to the living room grabbed it and as soon as I walked in my bedroom I saw the light was on. It seems to be me activating it. BUT HOW??? Ugh. I had a decorative pillow propped up against the door last night so it couldn't "see" anything from under the door and my closet door was closed all flipping night long.

There's probably a camera in my apartment somewhere and someone's getting a great laugh out of freaking me out.
Appreciate 0