Drives: 2018 530e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong77 View Post
A terrible financial decision on my part, but I'm starting to feel the itch to move out of my 530e and into something like an LCI m550 now that I no longer commute and have no need for the carpool lane access.
Lightly used CPO/Demo 550 is your answer, let someone else suffer the depreciation. The LCI doesn't really have any "must-have" upgrades in my opinion.
I concur. Besides any more significant power bump in the LCI, the financial decision to let go of a perfectly good and reliable 530e and in this financial climate gives one sufficient reason for pause.

A CPO 2018-2019 M550i is a good bet if you must scratch the itch for the V8 power and a more reasonable cost of admission.

Think about this, in 2-3 years the 8th generation 5 Series will be out albeit the V8 May get retired in favor of an all electric platform.
Frankly I was never a big fan of the PHEV, if not for the carpool lane access. My job will most likely keep me wfh for a significant portion of what's left in the life of my carpool lane sticker.

If I were to move to an LCI m550, it would not be a purchase unless I get 0% financing like I did on the 530e.

Also agree that the e92 was the looker from that generation of 3 series. I still have my 2007 328i. I still look back at it when I walk away. Unfortunately, it accelerates even slower than the 530e lol.