02-14-2021, 06:19 PM   #1
PaLaKaT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6M

Garage List
Red face

Hello Everyone,

I have sold my 2019 Challenger Scat Pack widebody and finally received my new 2021 M550i in white, pretty good specced but missing the DHP (I ordered the car before looking into this, I wish i had researched that package before ordering but now its too late.)

So far i love everything about the car, its got lots of features and feels and drives great, i have already put 600 miles on it. When receiving the car, the sales person told me to go easy on it until the break in of 1200 miles. So the owners manual says the same that launch control should be avoided until 1200 miles.

Even though they say don't push it before 1200 miles, i decided to give it a little try to see how it would be once it hits 500 miles, so i did. As of right now i am not impressed... My challenger did 4.2sec 0 to 60 with warm tires all day long. And with the M550 i cant get it lower than 4.1secs. BMW advertises it as 3.6 0 to 60 but jeez i am half a sec away from that.. i tried to Launch it 5 times (2 times with LC and 3 times just hit the pedal) and the best it did is 4.1 secs. I feel like previous generation would perform better. Anyone else experience the same numbers? Or did i get bad batch or something. I am in New Jersey and its pretty cold out, i assume car should perform better in the cold no? Or may be the car will perform better after 1200 miles? I am so puzzled and a little disappointed. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Edit 06/02/2021

BMW Acknowledged the issue, and software will be released soon to fix this!
Attached Images

Last edited by PaLaKaT; 05-14-2021 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: better way to explain it.
Appreciate 0