02-16-2021, 08:51 PM   #9
PaLaKaT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by igelkotten82 View Post
I have noticed on several youtube videos(carwow, AutotopNL) with the M550i that the accelerationtime from 0 to 62mph (100km/h) seems hard to get down to the official time of 3.8 seconds. It seems capable of 4.0 seconds. But on the other hand the M5 Competition seems to be faster to 62 mph than the official time and can even get under 3 seconds. I don't know why its like that. But it seems like the M550i is very fast between 62-124 mph in comparison with for example the Alpina B5 and the RS6 which are slower when going threw the Autotopnl measurements. Have they made the launch more softly than in the M5 or is the gear ratio more optimised for high speed autobahn?
I'm waiting for my car to arrive so can't tell you my own experience yet.

AutotopNL data https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9VQ/edit#gid=0
I honestly don't know but it is weird, 2020 M550i are putting out better times than my 2021. I will try hard once i hit the 1200 miles mark. As for the speed at the top end, it does pull well, i saw some videos on that too. I was wondering could it be that the car has some kind of software limiter before the break in? If not its very upsetting that I'm off by .5 sec from the time BMW advertises.
Also when i did 0 to 60 i noticed that car pulls very little off the start until 10mph then it begins pulling hard to get to 60mph.

Also has anyone tried to see if the Launch Control RPMs can be adjusted?
Appreciate 0