hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB_BMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
I can't give you any real world experience because my car is under 300 miles right now but I have been reading the forums for a while. I didn't think you could actually activate proper launch control until 1200 miles+. Did you actually get a checkered flag to show up? It's definitely recommended to take it a bit easier until then in general.

With that said — was the car warmed up? What kind of tires do you have on? What's the weather like? Was DSC off and what mode were you in.

Here's a post about setting up the car for LC for reference:

https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1457736
I have been reading the forums for a while as well i just rarely post. As for the Actual Launch Control, it does engage with the Flag showing up. I had tried the Flagged Launch Control (DSC OFF) about 2 times now and Launched it from the red light about 3 times (DSC ON) with just gas pedal to the floor. The car was warmed in all instances and for the tires they are stock, believe or not i did not bother to check the brand, i just know they are 245s sitting on 19s. I put gas on the vehicle twice (MUCH MUCH BETTER FUEL ECONAMY COMPARED TO MY CHALLY) ever since i got it and i only use 93. I have not put too much pressure on the car, or so I believe. but so far i think those times that i launched with have been pretty weak.

Edit: When you do get ready to try the Launch Control, could you please post your numbers or PM me? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Yikes. Launching the car before the break in is done. Must be a lease...
Not sure how this is relevant to the topic, but if you really want to know the car is financed. Would you like to know my car payments as well?
I have mixed feelings for the "Break in". All my cars i always launched them after 500 miles. Including the challenger on the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEH View Post
Would there be a record of that in the onboard computer?
Wouldn't want to buy that car used!
No body is selling a car here
Ive got about 1,300 miles on the car, and will try snd find a nice empty road one night soon to do some dragy runs with LC and will report back.
Appreciate 0