02-22-2021, 09:29 AM   #22
igelkotten82
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M550i and 435d GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyas490 View Post
For sure, I was unpleasantly surprised with my results, but I think if I had done them on a warmer night and with less fuel, I might have put down a better time. Also not willing to rule out operator error on LC etc. either yet - but I was definitely hoping for stronger numbers out of the box.

Only other thing I can think of, is that the roads have been a bit wet / slippery because of all the snow here, so I'm not sure if I was giving this car a fair shot. (FWIW, the runs in my M340xi loaner and old 440xi manual were done in warmer weather and on totally dry roads. Though I did do the runs on the same overall loop of roads for all three)
The official acceleration numbers should be achievable with full gas tank and a driver in the seat on a normal road with normal temperature. With four wheel drive traction should not be an issue even with wintertires or a little bit dust on the road. With launch control and automatic gearbox anyone should be able to achive the acceleration time. And since the figures I've seen on 100-200 km/h on autotopnl for the LCI model are very impressive(faster than the Alpina B5 and RS6) there seems to be enough with enginepower in the car. Just slow in the start.

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/p...0i_xdrive.html
In this simulation (don't know how they are calculating and if its correct) the numbers for 0-20mph is 0.9 seconds and in your runs 1.5 seconds. Seems to be in the start that car looses the time. Between 50mph and 80mph the car is in constant acceleration and gaining 10mph every second and from 80 to 100mph gaining 10mph every 1.5 second. Very impressive numbers to me.
Appreciate 0