Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
And the oil pump issue that caused them to extend the warranty.... Agree. Each version of the M3 thus far has had many issues. I'm starting to feel that the original e30 had the least actually ..
S14 (e30 engine) needs a rebuild every ~100,000 miles, if driven like an M3 :P

e30 chassis is a tank, though. It was the last of "test it till it breaks, then make it stronger" instead of "computer model is to be theoretically good"... which was a process they didn't get entirely right till the e9X (with the e36, especially in Z3 form, being the first, getting the worst of it, as seen in all the chassis mount points I mentioned above).

S54 (e46) has no oil pump issue... are you thinking of the oil pump nut on the S52 (e36 M3 US)?
Agree with all above , and the classic knock on the S14 engine is where you went, however that's not true of a stock S14, but *very* typical of a Modded S14.... Ask me how I know ?!

Control arms on the E30 M3 were a little bit of a weak point for racing but agree none of the chassis issues that plagued E36,E46 and MINI models for a decade or so.

Of course, the E90 M3 V8 is also proving to be just as "fragile" as the S14 with respect to not making it 100k miles before a rod bearing failure.

What was the issue on the E46M3 that causes them to extend the warranty on the S54 ?

I searched briefly and found this.

01-02 M3 will automatically got it. For 03 models, it's VIN specific.
Appreciate 0