View Single Post
      10-12-2018, 03:25 PM   #156
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2nak View Post
I'm 5'11" & 150 with a slight muscular build. Before i found 7FAM, i was not wearing jeans at all. I was wearing pretty much skater pants with wide legs. Any jean I tried back then had tapered legs which to me is ugly and doesn't sit over the shoe. I just happened to walk into the Bev Center Macy's and saw these jeans on a table. I looked at the hem and thought they were pretty wide. I grabbed a couple washes in Relaxed fit (Bootcut too narrow for my liking) and tried them on. Honestly, I was shocked how well they fit me and the cut was bang on. Bottom width 10" and knee is 9.5". I bought them right there. Guess what? After 15 years, i'm still wearing these. lol They were all made in the USA back then, too! I kept buying more and more pairs, until all I wore were these jeans. Later on as they transitioned to more tight-ass cuts, they slightly changed the Relaxed and Bootcut. They totally fucked up the cut of the Relaxed, but made the Bootcut slightly wider. Go figure that one out. So I ended up buying those instead.

I've seen a lot of designers thrown out here, but those 7FAM jeans will not be beat in the cut department.

I do not wear these or any of my regular clothes at work to preserve them. All the shit I have was hard to find and are irreplaceable. So, this is why I bought a separate set for work, which unfortunately is the newer stuff.
Same here. It's weird that the newer clothes that I own I only wear to work. When I can actually wear something other than jeans, a t-shirt and dickies style work shirt, I wear my old primitive, brixton, independent truck company t's and old jeans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
The issue with TR in general is that it was originally a "premium" brand to begin with but I find that it's no longer the case. Now that everyone and their cousin have a pair, that exclusivity is gone. Also there's a lot of reps out there which doesn't help brand image either. Personally, I buy clothing for a mixture of fit, style, and class and generally find that things like comfort and quality go hand in hand with my priorities.
I agree on TR completely. As for everything else concerning fit, style and class, this is 100% spot on.
Appreciate 1
shay2nak1070.00