View Single Post
      10-13-2018, 11:51 AM   #158
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
I wear Lucky, and Polo Ralph Lauren straight jeans. I only buy them on sale at Lord and Taylor, and Bloomingdale's. I think I paid about $40.00 a pair. The other day I was walking pass Old Navy, and decided to go in. I saw a pair of all cotton khaki, light gray, and dark rinse jeans. I tried them on, and loved the way they fit. Not baggy, not tight. Just clean, and simple. Same as my Lucky, and PRL pants. I looked at the price tag, and the jeans were $7.00, and the other two were $15.00 each. I couldn't believe how inexpensive, and comfortable they were. Best of all, 100% cotton. Now, I wear them with PRL shirts, and sweaters, that I also buy on sale at Lord and Taylor, or Bloomingdales. I was in the market for a Ted Baker Navy Peacoat for the fall, and searched, and found it at Bloomingdale's on sale for $258.00. The original price was $600. A little research, and you will always find good, quality clothes, for a reasonable price. Now OP, I do tend to spend more on accessories. IE: shoes, Ties, belts, and the one thing I love are watches. From my SS Sub, SS Datejust, and other pieces in my collection. Even a little discount, cost me a nice penny...
We are a lot alike. I like to look nice but rarely do I ever pay full retail for anything, aside from accessories - watches, wallets, bets, shoes etc. I'm in the market for a new wool peacoat myself. I've been eyeing some longer length wool overcoats. My style tends to be loose fitting worn/distressed jeans with a nice crisp button down or a tee if it's warm.
Appreciate 0