View Single Post
      08-26-2019, 07:39 AM   #6449
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90alpinem3 View Post
Thank you for posting this I had no idea not only did they release a new album but all their past albums are now digital! I had to buy aenima at a used cd store because I lost the original from the 90s...what a band and you are right they are amazing live. This and jay z blueprint finally being released to Apple have made my ears happy!
Managed to get my hands on the new album a little early and got a chance to listen to the 7 seven songs available on the cd only. Adam, Danny and Justin are true to form and the music is fantastic. Chocolate Chip Trip is a bit much. The second track Pneuma is fantastic! Maynards vocals are melodic, not angsty whatsoever and there wasn't a single Mayanard scream in the entirety of the album....pretty disappointing vocal-wise. Maynards vocals are surprisingly the only downside to the album. The lyrics and vocals all seemed like an afterthought. Personally I feel like Maynard has so many other things going on, that it is definitely reflected here. It basically sounds like his work with A Perfect Circle and Puscifer laid down on top of Tools music.
Appreciate 0