View Single Post
      11-04-2019, 05:40 PM   #5
Johnny Grabble
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivenhoe View Post
I sold my Merc E Class over a week ago but MercedesMe kept sending me messages saying the car was unlocked. I used the App and could see exactly where the car was and if it was locked, I could have unlocked it !

From what I see of Connected Drive, the same could be done on a BMW. Has anyone sold a car where the buying dealer has removed access to the car ? (My Merc went through main dealers).

Also, if a thief took the VIN from the windscreen of a parked car, could they register it on Connected Drive and see the location and go to it, unlock it and then drive it away using old fashioned ‘hot wiring’ as the alarm and immobiliser will be off. Hopefully, someone can confirm that a car can only be accessed by Connected Drive by one user !
I traded in my 2015 F10 for a G30 and for at least 3 months after the trade in I could still access the location of the F10 on my phone and (theorectically at least, I never tried, I am after all an honest chap) flash the lights, lock and unlock it, etc. from my phone.
Appreciate 0