View Single Post
      11-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #20
Wivenhoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e - delivered Nov 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
I agree on the minor gremlins. I would have strongly considered the E350e if it were offered in the US as I was very happy with my C300 I had owned for 5 years before switching over, but in every way the BMW is a better car and overall package.

But I am still thinking the problem is in someway related to the iDrive 7 for the G30 not being fully ready yet, but production deadlines being what they are they had to ship. We'll get more functionality overtime.

A minor detail though as this car is an absolute joy to drive!
I was very happy with my E350e but decided to change as Merc’s battery warranty isn’t as good as BMW’s and as I intend to keep the car some time, that was important. In the U.K. (it may be better in the States) BMW warrant that any depletion greater than 25% over 6 years will be made good - Merc just offer total failure in 6 years and even that is caveated that it has to be a manufacturing fault. Also, the delivery time was 9 months and I couldn’t wait. The 530e was delivered within 3 months.
There are a couple of things that Merc seem to do better but overall the Beemer is far superior.
Appreciate 0