United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivenhoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Yeah, a typo there.

It is odd as it is in the MY2020 G30 manual as being included (as shared earlier), but it isn't included when you access iDrive 7 in the car. It is possible that this will be added via a dealer installed update ahead of the LCI. As the manual pages were added for a reason.

The manual doesn't discuss other features not on the G30 with iDrive 7, such as reverse assistance.
It is even more confusing. Collected my new 530e today (Oct build). The manual has Remote Software Update. My car doesn’t seem to have it. However, on Connected Drive my car has 2 Services “That Can Be Booked” - Wifi & Remote Software Update - I try to ‘book it’ in the Store and there isn’t a way to.

I am back at the dealers tomorrow - remote 3D view isn’t accessible despite the car having the right options. Also, Connected Drive was all over the place today, losing driver profiles, wrong previous destinations, etc etc.

Minor gremlins - I think the car is far better than the 18 month old Merc E350e I px’d against the 530e. Continental TS860S winter tyres going on tomorrow so be interesting to see the difference between RFT’s and normal / softer winter tyres. Adaptive seems to make the M Sport as comfortable as the airmatic on the Merc.
First, congratulations on your car. Enjoy it.

Not surprised at all that you see options in Connected Drive you cannot access. My 2019 540i with iDrive 6 has the remote software upgrade option showing in the Connected Drive website. Lol