06-05-2020, 01:47 PM   #4
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanCarGuy View Post
Because I have a significant investment in my BMW and it's a very solid comfortable vehicle.
I doubt it is possible without huge expense. My 2018 G30 has the advanced safety features and every time I turn on the lane assistant it makes me nervous (so I rarely turn it on). If BMW can't make a car that can safely stay in its lane while avoiding the cars alongside it, what makes you think it can replicate the Tesla experience.

Enjoy your car for what it is. For every car there will always be features that it doesn't have that we wish it had. For example, I wouldn't buy a Tesla Model 3 because I don't want to have to look sideways to see my speed, etc.

I live in hot Arizona and my favorite feature on my BMW is that I can use the phone app to turn on my AC. So when I am playing golf, I can take out my phone after the 17th hole and turn on the AC. By the time I get to the car, it is comfortable. I don't believe that Tesla offers this feature.

So...do your research and pick the car that meets the most important of your needs. Once you have done that, as you have, don't spend time wishing you had something else but enjoy the features of the car you do have.
Appreciate 0