View Single Post
      07-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #1
Mr.Scully
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i xDrive

Digital TV - "no signal"

Hi guys, I've purchased a G30 540i xDrive recently. It's two years old and already without any warranty so before I visit our local overpriced and usually useless authorized BMW dealer I'd like to know your opinion.

The car has a (digital) TV tuner - is it DVB-T or DVB-T2? I couldn't find the specification anywhere. Anyway, it doesn't work - when it searches for available programs it does find about 60+ TV stations but doesn't list the station titles and ends up with a "no signal" fault. What's wrong? If the tuner didn't work it wouldn't find the 30+ TV stations, right?

(The car is German and when I was driving it in Germany one TV station did work for a while - ZDF HD. After some time I wasn't able to tune it anymore. When I arrived in my country (Czech Republic) nothing worked. (I tried to switch the area between "Automatic" and "Central Europe" but got the same result in both cases.

I'm pretty sure our country provides both DVB-T and DVB-T2 broadcast so that shouldn't be a problem. Also many stations are found. So why do I get the "no signal" message? Is there something I might have overlooked or something I might be doing wrong - or is the authorized dealer the only place where they could solve it?
Appreciate 0