View Single Post
      01-16-2020, 08:44 AM   #61
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fractals View Post
Now that you mhttps://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/images/smilies/iono.gifention it, it does look more like \___/ as opposed to |___|. Apparently there's a test plan in ISTA+ which allows you to see it clearly. When I get some time this weekend, I will check it out.

If it is indeed the case, then I wonder if fully functioning NGHB is truly possible with US headlights? I know we have roughly 90% of the functionality of ECE headlights. We can get the beam splitting, etc. but seem to still be missing the full shadowbox/tunneling effect to prevent glaring those directly in front of us. I will try and do FDL comparison of FLE, KAFAS and BDC modules. Wonder if there exists different FDLs between US and ECE in the KAFAS or BDC modules?
I can definitely save you the time on that one, I did quite a bit of comparing between the US and ECE FDLs on the X3, and there are a ton of differences. Many others have wondered the same thing about it being a hardware difference, but could never conclusively get that answer. I haven't been able to find anyone who had the coding done by almaretto to ask them what their tunnel looks like to see if it truly makes the |___| pattern, and back when he was active, the answer when asking him about the tunnel was "that the coding works".
Appreciate 0