View Single Post
      09-21-2020, 04:44 AM   #32
Xbhp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 530 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm7djs View Post
No sign of my car, its not hit any cameras. No word from the police either.

I would honestly say anybody who believes their keys will go to sleep and can't be stolen this way needs to think again.

I was told the keys had to be near the front door for them to go, but this is rubbish, those attacks can pick up the keys 10m away.

Ghost security and leaving your keys in and all of your keys in a faraday pouch or box, one per key is the only way to stop this. Also, a steering lock can help...

Apparently the stolen cars are driven into faraday lined containers, so trackers are pretty useless unless you realise your car has been stolen quickly...

This is organised crime, not just joyriders...
Very disappointed to read this.

Yes, it is an organised crime and i remember reading a new Tesla was stolen from driveway. I read stealers use some sort of amplification device which would fool car in to thinking that the key is in the car.
Encrypted signal is copied and continously transmitted from with in the car so that car can be driven away from owners place.

I believe storing key in steel jar or faraday pouch + Steering lock could safeguard to some extent.

I hope police manage to track your car and you get it in good condition. What are insurance lads saying?
Appreciate 0