View Single Post
      03-05-2018, 05:47 AM   #48
Dephead2004
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Agree with Remote Serrvices comment and notice that in the latest configurator where many prices have increased, Remote Services have become FOC. BTW it's very difficult now to spec a 5 series at under £40k when the tax adds significantly to running costs.

Back to maps.

My understanding at the moment is that USB and OTA maps should be FOC for 3 years. This from the Spec sheet dated July 2017:
Like all of us, I have option 609 and it says on the 7th July spec sheet for G30/G31 for that option

Additional information:
Update for the navigation map data3 years licence free worldwide from BMW retailer. This is the USB option
Update for navigation map data Over the air (OTA). 3 years automatic updates free of charge for up to 4 per year for a single selected country

So no-one should be paying £69 for USB updates and they should be showing as "booked" in the Remote Cockpit at Connected Drive. Example above (see post 26 from AP).

Spoke with Dealer toady. Main contact is away until tomorrow but service manager says there are all sorts of problems with Connected Drive at the moment. I pointed out that this was a problem from 4 months ago when the car was built and so not a recent problem.

More when I have it
Appreciate 0