01-29-2020, 06:12 AM   #3077
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Sorry to hear that bro I'm DM'ing you my number, I have a relatively easy schedule nowadays. If you ever want someone to listen give me a call
Thanks my friend. Yesterday we were informed out that his Ejection Fraction of his heart is only 20%. Plus his kidneys still aren't working.

Today he is being put on dialysis to try and clean his blood, but also because he needs two full days of this to prepare his kidneys from any damage they may receive from a scheduled Heart Cath that will be done on Friday.

Best Case - They find an occlusion and can "stent" it, or something else that can be addressed during the Cath which may indirectly also help his kidney function at least after a ton of rehab.

Worst Case - The Cath shows them issues that can only be resolved by open heart. He's been through this once years ago and has said if it comes to that..he is not doing anything and going to suffer his fate. He had 4X bypass at the age of 49.

As I have mentioned, my daughter is a nurse in the Critical Cardiac Care unit. So sometime near the end of this week she will have her Grandfather on her floor.

I urge all of you guys if you have any kind of heart disease or Diabetes, see your doctor, get with a nutritionist, and fight this with all that you can. You can have these issues and if you approach it correctly, you can have many years of good quality life. Don't ignore the warning signs. Get ahead of it. Not just for yourself, but for your loved ones as they have to go through this with you when things go bad.

I am probably known as being a fitness fanatic in the Health Thread, but I am that way because I know the genetic disposition that I have inherited from my family. I had a long talk with my younger brother yesterday because he is heading down that path.

So for all of you that I have had the pleasure of interacting with on here, I wish only the best for you. It's never too late to start being as healthy as you can possibly be. When you are young, you think you are indestructible. But it will catch up with you at some point.

I don't plan to post my problems on here any further so that the thread can get back to what it was created for. Everyone has hardships that they must face. I just appreciate you guys letting me get it off my chest.