Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Dark Graphite M5C

Garage List
2022 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHMartinMD View Post
Can we hear an update about the DINAN springs? I just ordered the new axle back exhaust and was considering the spring and ride handling package but was concerned it would lower the car a little too much. How is the feel? Can you still tell a difference in the chassis between comfort, sport, sport+ and adaptive? How is it getting in and out of the car being almost an inch lower? Are you riding into more curbs? Bottoming our or hitting the wheel well with big pot holes? (In New England some of our potholes are so deep they can easily bend a rim). Does the wheel gap look at all odd being less on the top and a little more on the sides? Overall experience and would you do it again 2 months later? Thanks.
I'm still liking my spring set up, but do wonder if there are better brands out there. The roads around here seem a little wavy, so on some of them, I definitely feel more bounce than I recall pre-springs.

I can still tell a difference between the different modes when I choose them. For some reason, the adaptive mode doesn't seem to adapt quite as quick as I would like it to. In this mode, I feel that it's hunting too much to try and smooth out the ride. I've resorted to comfort on the highway and sport+ on my spirited part of my daily drive.

I haven't had any problems getting in and out of the car with it being lower. Additionally, I put on my parking sensors when I park near a curb to make sure that I don't catch the front on anything. I don't recall bottoming out on any potholes either, but we don't have the pothole problem that the NE does either. That may very well change after all this flooding we've gotten the past week, so I'll have to be extra vigilant to avoid any new ones.

With the spacers, I don't think the wheel gap looks odd, but I could be biased. I think it looks pretty good and am happy with the look. I do wish the rear wheels were a little wider. I had 10" on my F10 535i in the rears and loved the look from the rear. Wish the 668M had the same look.
Appreciate 1