AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Louis View Post
The above seems like heresay, sorry. Please provide a reference s.a. BMW, not "some guy on the Internet." My experience as well as other posts proves this wrong completely.

I know that leases are structured a certain way but the disposition of the car is entirely up to BMW and perhaps the dealer. They can do whatever they feel is right with it. Its probably the same logic that has BMW selling the car to the leasee at a discount - they would be stuck with a car that has lower value anyway....
You raise a good point about hearsay. Of course everything here can be said to be unreliable if it is not backed up with documentation. But there have been multiple reports here and elsewhere) of BMW not allowing buyback to the original leasee other than at residual price, and that this was a change instituted within the last couple of years. Your experience may have predated the change in policy. I would LOVE for you to be right that the reports are wrong.
Appreciate 0