AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Leasing is a Ponzi scheme that makes manufacturers and dealers a lot of money. It has never been and will never be consumer friendly.
A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent scheme, which means deception on material facts. Leasing is not fraudulent. The terms are disclosed up front and if you choose to lease, you are getting exactly what you contracted for. It is more expensive than keeping a car for 5 years. But for BMWs, it makes sense for many (including me on one of mine) because depreciation is borne by the lessor, the car is under warranty the entire time you drive it, and you get the latest technology every three years. On my G12, I lease. For me X3, I bought. I knew exactly what I was getting into for each. If leasing is not for you, so be it. But it is not a fraudulent scheme.
Appreciate 0