Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 128i Sport /w PDC and ComAcc

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
Thumbs up Update 128i Exhaust

UPDATES AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST

So i have been reading a LOT of posts and been doing a lot of research on an exhaust. I have e-mailed about 20 or so companys and this post might make you go many places. I just want to keep you peeps in the loop and show you whats not advertised very well.

I mainly, but not completely, dealt with Magnaflow because it was a great price for a cat-back.

As some of you might know they have a whole list of many dealers for their products. Sadly many of them either don't have them in stock or they are on back order with no ETA. I was unfortunate enough to get TWO orders paid for and I thought I was GOLDEN. Both of them were full of !@#$

This is how I started my great search for an exhaust. Like I said I e-mailed about 20 companys including every dealer that magnaflow advertises. I Asked all of them the same question: "I Have been searching high and low for a cat-back, axle-back, muffler /w resonator delete or anything like what I just listed. I am also having a hard time because I am stationed in Germany with the USAF. I can't even find a part here. Can you help me?"

I don't want to waste your time so I won't put the people that said no they don't have one.

As of right now this is what they said:

JDP Motorsports is looking into it

CP-E.com Is checking into it and will create a post to get a reaction and to see if the demand is out there. They also said they will need a donor car. I will get you guys a link once it's up.

There are also other companies looking into a muffler that will fit. I was having a hard time with that because of the weird angles. I believe the outlet is somewhere close to 45 degrees and the inlet is the same but this is speculation.

Its pretty sad that it's this hard to get an exhaust of any kind for a German car in Germany.

UPDATE 07/01/10
Looks like I got someone from Beast motor sports wanting me to do this:
"We will need the intake pipe O.D. (outside diameter) dimension of your stock exhaust. Just measure the pipe that goes into your stock muffler twice, once a few inches away from the muffler and again a couple of feet closer to the engine. You can use a piece of string or tape measure for this. Once we have this number, we will have it matched up with the 135i exhaust piping and will see if it will fit as is, or if a Remus adapter pipe is needed."

Now I haven't heard many good things about Remus but perhaps I'm wrong. The vids I saw were so-so having to do with the sound. Any thoughts? Also if anyone already has the numbers or a remus pls let me know.

UPDATE 07/08/10
Looks like Magnaflow has the 128i exhaust listed on their site as In Stock but it's NOT. Thats why i have been having so many problems buying one. Also they are in pre-production and have no ETA. Friggin sad...its been plenty of time to make an exhaust.

UPDATE: 07/15/10
Ok so I am super excited and hopeful this is legit. I have been talking with several german companies and I found an exhaust(bastuck) for 749 euro w/ silencer(resonator) and 698 euro w/o. I do have a Q. Do I have to have a resonator in the state of california? I looked but only saw the law for 95dB's and a muffler.
Black Badge - Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 18" - ASA AR1 18" - B&M Short Shifter - aFe Stage 2 CAI Pro 5 R - Gloss Black Kidney Grills - Performance Pedal Kit - CDV delete - Custom Tint - Bastuck Exhaust w/o Silencer - Custom Tune

Last edited by B_2_B_P; 07-14-2010 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0