Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 128i Sport /w PDC and ComAcc

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrax8844 View Post
I had the BMW Performance exhaust installed the other week after much deliberation. In the end I chose this one because I kind of like the idea of having all the modifications come from BMW and/or Dinan (if Dinan ever makes parts for the 128), and from what I could tell from the low quality youtube videos it still sounded pretty good. To my surprise, it sounds incredible. Basically its like the stock exhaust but much louder, so it still has that sound that only a BMW makes except now, as my neighbors kindly pointed out, people hear you coming.

I know a guy here (CT) who makes custom exhausts, so in a couple years when the warranty is up I'll have him make a nice mid pipe for it. Even with the cat in there, it does make more power, even if its not a huge increase. And the sound is definitely worth the money. Unless you're bent on getting a full system, I think this is a good choice.

Here is a video of it my brother took while playing with his new camera. Neither of us really thought it through first so there is some wind noise, but you get the idea.

Nice video dude. amazing quality. Its a bummer I don't have a teleporter so i can see what its like in person.

Mod-bargins is helping me out and getting me a quote so hopefully I will be able to get my magna flow from them. Also I have 2 other companys interested now in making 128i exhaust now I'm happy I am stiring the nest.
Black Badge - Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 18" - ASA AR1 18" - B&M Short Shifter - aFe Stage 2 CAI Pro 5 R - Gloss Black Kidney Grills - Performance Pedal Kit - CDV delete - Custom Tint - Bastuck Exhaust w/o Silencer - Custom Tune
Appreciate 0