View Single Post
      08-12-2022, 03:40 AM   #1
luigilauro
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e xDrive Touring

UCC & TLA on latest cars - is it really available?

I cannot find online any information about the actual autonomous driving capabilities of new BMWs, with full Driving Assistant Professional enabled.

You can find a lot of "news" that since 2020/2021 all new 5 series should have traffic lights / stop signs / yield recognition and even support "urban cruise control" for actually stopping autonomously at the traffic lights / stops.

This would be a huge step forward in convenience for driving compared to traditional active cruise control with stop & go only working if there is a car in front of you.

But very few videos are available of these functionalities in action, and absolutely zero reference to this feature for 5 series on BMW website... just some old "prototype / in testing" videos / page.

Are these features really present & active on NEW 5 series (in Europe at least, I understood that USA may be on the list of "disabled" countries for these)? Or you can only enable them with coding?

I'm talking about a G30 MY2022/2023.

Thank you!

P.s. the only video I found which shows and explain how these functionalities work in detail is this one in German (use auto-translate CC in English):

Appreciate 0