03-03-2016, 10:49 PM   #7
evilb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: McLaren MSO 570S, 18 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottch77
Evilb, I feel the same way about the brake dust on the oem pads. I hate it!

Can I ask where you purchased the Carbotech 1521 pads and how much you paid? Did you go to ind for them?

Thanks. Pm if you prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilb View Post
All --

All of us with an F10 M5 I'm sure have a shared frustration with the astounding amount of brake dust produced by the stock pads. Being very particular about my car's cleanliness, I'll admit that this drove me completely fucking batshit crazy. Every time I detailed my car, I would go for a drive the next day, then put my car in the garage and just stand there, in utter disbelief at the soot covering my wheels after just 20 to 30 miles of driving. I would rub my finger on the front wheel, look at the nice clean line I just created on the wheel window, then angrily gaze at my one black finger (to be clear, I have nothing against black fingers, only the ones that are black because of brake dust). I wanted to find the nearest living thing and kill it.

After reading many reviews on here about Carbotech, I decided that buying a set of these and getting them installed was clearly a better alternative to murder, so I did. Called Carbotech direct, had the pads in 2 days, and had them installed the next week.

Let me tell you... The results are nothing short of unbelievable. If someone had stood in front of me and told me these pads would reduce brake dust by 300-400% over stock yet maintain virtually identical stopping power, I would've slapped them in the face, said 'Good day' and walked away.

I did a full 48hr detail on my car 2 weeks ago. After 1.5 weeks of driving, rubbing my finger on the front wheels results in a barely noticable mark, and hardly any visible soot or blackness on my finger. It's unreal. I stopped for gas last night after the gym and just marvelled at how shiny and beautiful the 343M's looked under the BP's bright lighting.

My recommendation? Buy them. Buy them immediately. Every day you're home with your family instead of being locked in a padded room, you'll be thanking me and the other members on here that did the same.

Thanks for reading.
Brad
I bought direct. Carbotech will give you a BMWCCA discount if you mention the forums.