Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve090619 View Post
Quote:
Had to take my G01 X3 for same reason. SA said it's becoming a very common problem among the active shutter equipped models. They install a new part and change some software.
Quote:
Had to take my G01 X3 for same reason. SA said it's becoming a very common problem among the active shutter equipped models. They install a new part and change some software.
I don't think shutters are broken. I happened to pass 2 5 series on walk from work to car. I checked out 2nd car also which was a 540, lower shutters were open.
His CEL is on too probably lol.
They're not totally broken just opening/closing at wrong times which triggers the CEL. Likely the car will be fine but you'll just have to put up with seeing the CEL occasionally.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve090619 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think shutters are broken. I happened to pass 2 5 series on walk from work to car. I checked out 2nd car also which was a 540, lower shutters were open.
His CEL is on too probably lol.
They're not totally broken just opening/closing at wrong times which triggers the CEL. Likely the car will be fine but you'll just have to put up with seeing the CEL occasionally.
Engine light back on. Just made an appointment for next Wednesday. I will let you all know if it's the shutters. I am 100% sure it is not gas cap.
Appreciate 0