02-20-2020, 08:19 AM   #7
kazbek1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker87 View Post
Engine mounts probably need to be replaced, though trans mounts may be worth inspecting first. That being said, they are relatively cheap and easy to replace even without removing the subframe. Just requires removing the plastic tray under the trans.

Not that they're easier to do with the subframe dropped, but if you're replacing the oil pan gasket, it's probably time to do the valve cover gasket and oil filter housing gasket as well.
Yea, I guess I should replace those mounts regardless since they've probably never been replaced.

I looked through the vehicle records (father-in-law gave me the car back in Nov) and noticed that the oil pan gasket was already replaced 15,000 miles ago, valve cover gasket 10,000 miles ago, and the oil filter gasket 8,000 miles ago. However, when he got the oil changed in Oct (about 5,000 miles ago), they said both the oil pan gasket (I verified this) and the valve cover gasket already need to be replaced. Should the oil pan gasket already need replacing after 10,000 miles? I'll have to verify the oil filter gasket but kind of hard to believe it only lasted a few thousand miles.
Appreciate 0