BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
Alright so gauging from my pictures above, if I were to follow Mike's advice, should I let it be? And really, I'd follow Mike's advice as well. I will clean up the seal and whatnot as per Aerobod's advice
Sorry, I can't tell where the level is from the photos.

What I can share with you is that I was keeping mine at MAX and it was overflowing just a bit during track sessions. I then looked to Miller for advice and saw what he'd written in his LMS. I lowered mine to MIN, it's been fine on the track since I did that, and it's remained ~MIN each time I've checked it since that time.

Like many other forum members, I did have to add coolant one time after I first bought the car. That's when I raised it to MAX. I have no idea what the level was when I drove the car away from the dealer. Aren't our cars fun!
Thank you gents! Due to both you and Aerobod I learnt a lot today. Let me refill a little above the MIN mark and clean and seal it.

Can I pre-mix the coolant solution in a bottle with a 50:50 ratio? I read that you must pour the coolant in after pouring in distilled water.
Appreciate 0