09-19-2018, 06:03 PM   #15
Phas
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1234 View Post
I am the owner of the 12/17 build with the exact same issue. After 3 visits to the dealer to get a fix, BMW now says it is normal. I do not accept that notion. Many other owners state that their cars do not shake or miss when started. I live in a warm climate and wonder how it would act in a cold winter climate. One of my work orders state (at 800 miles) that the plugs were fouled, hence they replaced them. But no improvement.
What is your dealer telling you now?
The way owners have described this "cold" start problem is NOT normal and should not be accepted as normal. Cars do not "misfire" when the engine is cold unless there is a underlying problem. Although my G30 does not show those tendencies, that does not mean I do not believe the posters, that their cars exhibit this problem.
May I suggest that the car be taken back to the dealer and insist that a PUMA case be opened up on this issue and force BMW USA to have the Regional Manager look into the problem.
Another suggestion is to keep "bumping" this topic (Admin may get upset) to keep the topic current and make sure other G30 owners see it and create a ground swell that will get BMW USA's attention.
Cheers