02-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #38
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddish View Post
I had a stream up to review it but they definitely left out a lot.

I think that it will end up being a good casual game, which to me is disappointing. I'm hoping that they add a league/ranking system to the game so that it does become a little more competitive as right now it's extremely laid back.

Although flashier and more interactive than CoD or other FPS's out there, it is still more focused on casual play. We'll see on release. I'll probably stream it again then, if XB1 does ok with it and if not then I'll work on another solution.
I was most disappointed in the fact that they were trying to be different from CoD while basically taking things from CoD that were successful. If they can make this more of a hardcore gamer thing as well as a casual game, I will be more than happy to play for longer than a few hours. The fact that the beta was so limited (I hope) didn't give me a huge sense of what the full game will be like. I hope that they will also add in larger matches than the 6v6 that was shown and hopefully that can get rid of some of the useless NPC mechs that were in there as well. I also hope that the levels are a little more polished than they were.

Granted, these are all small gripes, I don't think I'm alone with them. The game has great promise, it just needs a little more.
Appreciate 0