Thread: Protect X
View Single Post
      11-15-2017, 05:32 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

just googled it, so looks like a sealant. the fact that talk about it helping in wet weather suggests they put this on the windows?

I've no evidence but always a bit dubious about any of these products , especially from BMW. I'm sure some of them may be very good, but suspect BMW may over charge for this and I would suspect a detailer would probably do a better job anyway.(I suspect this may be one of the things they try and add to the price of a new car to increase their profits when teh product itself dosesn't cost anywhere as much)

I'm old school and just carefully wash and use a wax on the paintwork (trying best to avoid swirl marks, 2 buckets, lambswool mitten and microfibre cloth to pat dry) and use Rain-x on the glass (which I swear is very good).
Obvously some effort required to do this on a regular basis.

I guess it depends how much you like looking after your car, always maintain if you're happy do that, you can keep it looking immaculate.

Just my opinion, others here may have used this or similar products and may have a different viewpoint.
Appreciate 0