View Single Post
      04-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #23
Bill530e
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
Hey checking in to see if they sorted out the issue you were having? Mine has been doing this since day one; it even happened I believe while the car was in the delivery room when we were taking delivery. It basically happens very sporadically, after getting into the car the car makes a grinding noise for about a second or so. Sometimes this happens several times a day, sometimes only a few times per week. But it is always after getting into the car, whether it be locked or unlocked, and happens typically 5-10 seconds after opening the door and always before pushing the start button. I had the dealer look at it and they claimed to have heard the sound and replaced some module, but the problem is still there. Mine is a 2018 540i M-sport.
Hello,

Has anyone on this thread gotten any good resolution on this issue since this was last discussed? This exact same issue as described by PunjabiM3 has started with my car in the last month or so, and it's startling whenever it happens. I can't quite believe it's normal, if it just started happening (my car has about 9,000 miles). If anyone has had a successful resolution, kindly pass along whatever your dealer did as I have an appointment with mine next week.

Thank you all!
Bill530e
Appreciate 0