01-18-2020, 08:53 AM   #25
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gio14 View Post
I don't necessarily think only sedans should be M's, personally didn't like the whole m performance route they were going. Was just thinking about the appeal. Absolutely your money buy n drive what u want. Was just thinking bout...who are you x3 x5 m competition man/woman. Did you buy it cause you can get your family stuff done in it and rip it up on your spare time, was it for the M badge or just cause you wanted the top of the line model. No judgment here just curious as I saw the main news feed article pop up on the x3m x3m competition package.
The whole “going in wrong direction” is usually the consensus opinion of the purists but they also represent the minority and not the general buyers market. 911 owners said same thing about the cayenne but look at combined sales number from cayenne and Macan. Porsche is not regretting that decision by any means.

I don’t see the need for the x3m but I’m not against it. As my family has grown and spending priorities change, I can see why someone may want one car that allows them to have their cake and eat it. Would I own one? Yes... would I buy one? No.

FWIW I got to drive an x5m and x3m at Monticello and the car very much performed as you’d expect from a real M car. Never been in a car on track that could EAT curbing, nail apexes, drift corners and haul 5 adults going down the front straight at 140mph lol.

Last edited by 3002 tii; 01-18-2020 at 10:52 AM..
Appreciate 0