Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
I got this message today on my '19 M550i today. The check engine light came on right after engine start and then I got this message in iDrive about 5-10 minutes into my drive. It kept reappearing about every 5 minutes until I reached my destination (45 miles). When I was heading back home (after about an hour with the vehicle off) the message only came on once on the 45 mile trip back home. The fan was definitely on after I got back home like it normally does. The shutters have been closed all day. Has anyone else experienced this before? I only have about 6,000 miles on her. Thank you.
Sorry to hear.

Check inside the grills and under hood and make sure nothing foreign got in there.

Given the warnings I've been hearing about the current (November) iStep versions, I suppose it could be a software bug. Hopefully not.

Or it could be a bad fan or fan relay. The fans in these cars are variable speed and have an rpm counter. Maybe the electronics they're using to vary the speed have gone bad. The 2012-2014 F30 with the N55 had similar issues until the fan oem fixed the fan electronics. On the F30's when this fan message showed, the car commonly went into limp mode. So annoying when that happened!

But haven't heard of this issue being common on the G30. Take it in and let them sort it.
My car was upgraded to EVO-S in December and I've had no issues. In fact, this is the first error message I've received. I did just get it back from the body shop. Some girl backed into me while I was parked and I had to have the bumper cover replaced, but that should have nothing to do with it. It wasn't really an impact - just a few scratches. I'm taking it in tomorrow. Thanks for your response.
Ah ha Body shop. I smell a clue. Not the accident, the workmanship. Lol.
Do you think it's possibly the active shutters being stuck in the closed postion? I assume there is a specific error message for that, but I just thought I would ask since the shutters seem to have been closed the entire time I received these errors.
Don't know. Given the body shop r&r the front bumper, anything is possible. There's electrical connections behind the bumper and maybe they pinched one or as you mentioned could be the active shutters aren't responding properly.
It's not the shutters as they were open today. I'm swinging by the body shop tomorrow and they're going to take a look right then and there. Hopefully it's something simple as everything seem to be working fine.
Please let us know. Hope they quickly find the cause.
Luckily it was just an intermittent fault. They cleared the error, rescanned the vehicle, and all components are working fine. The fan has been working all along, so I'm glad this was the outcome.
Appreciate 0