Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteinpa View Post
Quick update on the JB+. Been running with it a few weeks now. Definitely feel the performance gain although took a while (driving cycles) to get the most out of it.
What's interesting is that I had a service appointment today so removed it out of an abundance of caution. Wow the difference was night and day, I really felt the performance degrade. Needless to say I reinstalled this afternoon.
Moral of the story it just plain works😀
Nice, I love that feeling of you don't remember what you are missing until it's gone. I had a similar experience today with spacers. I removed mine two months ago and got them back on today. There are varying options on whether spacers impact handling, but let me tell you, the minute I got in the car I could feel the difference.

On my Dinan tune, I had it installed maybe a month after I bought the car and I really didn't drive it that much before I got it tuned, so I never really had a great comparison. I don't remove it for the dealer either. It has never been removed. But I do have a jumper plug on the unit that I can remove to go back to stock. I think I will pull it one of these days.
Not to derail, but Joe do you mind telling me what your people charged to put the spacers on? Hour or so of labor?

I'm still contemplating and you saying you feel the difference makes it tempting. I can't think of any downside risk. Anything I'm missing?
Just looked at my invoice from the initial install. $36.42 labor to install all four, new bolts and cleaning the hub. I did have them source the spacers, so I'm sure they made a little money there. They charge me Dinan website prices for everything. I'm guessing they get 10%.

Yesterday's install was to replace the front spacers and bolts under warranty. I had developed ticking noises from the front ones right after I had my wheels off ceramic. The detailer over torqued the bolts and stretched them. My shop pulled off all four a few months ago. Dinan replaced both the bolts and spacers up front. Not sure this qualifies as a downside, but worth mentioning. I honestly don't know of any downside to spacers.

I took the opportunity to go a little wider out back this time.
It's a really good mod to do, as far as bang for your buck. Seems that way to me, anyway.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 1
Joe-BMW337471.50