View Single Post
      09-23-2020, 11:00 PM   #1
frzntax
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i xD

ACC Retrofit Kits

Hi all - just picked up a 2018 m550i and loving it. Unfortunately, this car doesn't have DAP (an oversight on my part!) and I'm really missing ACC. I've done some research, and it looks like EleBest PTE in Singapore and Group Buy Car Parts in Malaysia sell kits including the ACC radar and front grill mount/cover, ACC steering wheel controls, wiring harness, and (remote) coding. Group Buy claims they use the same hardware as EleBest, but are significantly cheaper. Since I have parking assistance plus, I don't need the DSC unit.

Does anyone have any experience with either of the above vendors? I can't find a local shop willing to install this kit, and I've never worked on a car at this level - although understand what needs to be done and come from a technical background (and no issues installing the proper software on my laptop to code, which they'll remote in to do anyway). I've seen videos and guides on removing the front bumper and taking apart the steering wheel to swap buttons. Is this an install that is relatively easy to perform given my lack of hands-on experience? If the wiring harness is truly plug and play, is it straight forward enough to route into the dash?

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0