View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 07:32 PM   #28
Joe51
Rep
Drives: G30 530e

G30 Retrofit Successful

Posts in this thread (and outrageous dealer prices) gave me the courage to take on the task of fitting the camera. Had never done anything as tricky as this before. A few tips which others may find helpful;

1. I have attached BMW fitting instructions to this post.
Also lots of useful info on removing trim on https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/g...ody-equipment/

2. Second most difficult part was fishing wires through from boot to car interior. Eventually managed to push a straightened wire coat hanger through to the boot from under removed seat side panel

3. Most difficult was terminating the cables in the BDC connector blocks. Firstly they are very difficult to access under the driver side foot well (RHD) and there is very little slack on the cables Secondly, took me a while to figure out how to disassemble the connector block to insert the new wires/pins. Eventually figured that they are pushed out from the rear after having inserted a small nail down the front of the block to release the locking tabs (unfortunately forgot to take a picture to upload).

4. Thought I was home and dry at that stage until I discovered that one of the sockets in the connection block specified on Page 14 of the BMW Instructions (highlighted in yellow in the attached doc) was already occupied !! Eventually figured out that there was in error in the BMW document. Branch A6 connects to PIN 54 on A258*8B and not A258*9B as listed. The correct version is actually specified on Page 8 of the document.

5. The only thing left was to have the camera coded. This was done remotely by the company who supplied the camera (based in Lithuania) as I didn't have the courage to risk that myself. Not sure what the etiquette is regarding recommending a supplier in the forum but happy to do via PM.

Hope someone finds this post useful.https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/im...es/thumbup.gif
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Reversing Camera fitting instructions_JM.pdf (2.33 MB, 1701 views)
Appreciate 2