View Single Post
      11-05-2018, 08:47 AM   #199
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Not a fan of the overly pre-distressed look, but RRL's on sale are some of the best jean bargains out there. Ralph really goes all out with his jeans from that brand, and since they do so much volume, they end up putting so much stuff on clearance that none of the other "artisan" (kind of hate this word) brands do in that kind of volume.

How's the fit, though? That wide straight leg might give you a dad jeans look if it's too wide for your legs

Again - yes, $500 jeans are overpriced, but they are no different from buying a Rolex when a Seiko will do just fine. It all depends on what kind of shit you like wasting your money on.
They aren't here yet, will be delivered tomorrow. They will be going to the seamstress the day after. Most of my jeans get altered as soon as I get them. I'm 5' 10" 185# with a 28" inseam.

The rip & repair jeans that I just bought are Ralph Lauren too, but they aren't RRL, they are Denim & Supply. D&S is to RRL what Chaps is to Polo in my opinion, but since the D&S brand is no more, they are becoming difficult to find with tags still on them and people are snatching them up like crazy. The D&S pair that I just bought are slim, first pair of slim jeans that I've worn since I was a wee lad. I don't rock the skinny jeans, I don't have the build for it and not sure that I would if I did. The slim fit are ok, but I still prefer a little more room in the legs. From what I gather in the realm of RRL is that each style of jeans that he designs are one offs. They make X quantity of that style and no more. Once they get down to only a few pair of odd sizes left, they drop the bottom out of the price to liquidate inventory for new styles. I check the RRL site about once or twice a month and their styles only change about once a year, but once that style/wash is gone, it won't be back; part of the reason for the demand in a well made pair of jeans.

As for "Dad Jeans" I've come to realize it isn't so much what you wear as how you wear it. I'm 42 and still catch young girls checking me out. I also dress for me, not for everyone else. I wear what's comfortable and looks good, I could give a fuck about fashion. When women stop wearing jeans that look like shit my mother wore in the early 80's that come all the way up to their ribs, I'll be more concerned about what they think of what I have on. In all fairness, most women making "Dad jeans" comments can't afford the jeans I buy so their opinions mean nothing. BTW, "Dad Jeans" are a thing now. That's the thing with fashion, you pick the most awful looking trend and that's what sells.
Appreciate 0