CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
Thank you both for that, I'll give that a go, I'm pretty tech savvy but I could't figure out how to find the map version at all! On my E92 I just tilt the controller to the right and you can see version there. I agree its definitely confusing knowing quite how to update the maps. The dealer actually told my father it all gets updated OTA (now I know that's wrong!) but I've not seen anything update as of yet, it makes sense that the main map still needs a USB.
Dealer also mentioned map updates are free...however am I right in thinking they are only "free" while you have a paid connected drive membership? Once that runs out are you no longer able to update the maps without paying?
Correct. New BMW vehicles in the US (can't speak to other countries) come with 3 years of membership or service so once that runs out, he'll have to pay.

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 0