05-30-2018, 04:15 AM   #29
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck99 View Post
I experienced the same thing. Stood there for 15 minutes one day trying all sorts of different motion in different places - nothing. However, a couple of times while washing the car, moving my hands down to wash the underside corner of the diffuser the trunk has popped open. Happens on both sides. This past weekend I tried using my foot right on the corner and bingo, it worked. Bottom line is that the diffuser definitely messes with the function but I think with a lot of experimenting there will still be a way to use it. I'm getting close!
If you look up the m performance instructions there is mention of having to code it when you add the carbon fiber rear diffuser. I imagine it ups the sensitivity since you are adding a layer that wasn't otherwise there prior. If your dealer installed it, they should have known to do so or you can show them. I am guessing this applies to even aftermarket and a reason I am thinking of avoidint it as I have no idea how to do code that specific item on my own.
Appreciate 0