BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
After seeing all the great stuff being shown at the Geneva motorshow on TV and the net, (not to mention all the other big motor shows such as Tokyo, Paris, Detroit, Frankfurt etc) it makes me wonder why the organizers bother to have motor shows such as those in Melbourne or Sydney. Not enough concept cars and too much showroom stuff- i.e. stuff you can see in any showroom (and instantly take for a test drive for free!).

Some may say that it is good because all the manufacturers are together and you can compare and contrast without driving around town. Fair enough but I'm not interested in the Toyota stand unless they bring more of the stuff they show in Japan. I would happily pay to see stuff that I can't see anywhere else. I know it's a rant but it would be nice if the organizers put a bit more effort to entice manufacturers to bring more exotic stuff here for us to see.
Yeah i agree with the Melb/Syd being pretty average... But then again i vote with my feet... I just don't bother going...
And as you said, most of it is showroom stuff which i've already seen up close.. well apart from the Ferrari's and top-top-end stuff which my budget presently won't permit me to indulge in.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0