View Single Post
      02-24-2020, 08:44 AM   #1
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Honeymoon Locations/Travel Time Issues

So I've been going back and forth with my fiance for a few months now regarding where we want to honeymoon. My issue with a lot of these places is the amount of time that it takes to get there and back. Places like the Canary Islands, Balearic Islands, French Polynesia, etc. just take so long to get to. Almost 20hrs in some cases one way.

I've traveled pretty far for work, 30+ hrs each way, but again it was for work and I was being paid. I don't know if I want to waste essentially two full days on just travel to get to a destination where I am suppose to relax. I'm pretty low maintenance. I've opted for a few resorts in Mexico, but we've been numerous times and she wants to go other places. Have also been to punta cana. My boss has a few places in Costa Rica, and I've been trying to talk her into that as we can most likely stay for free.

So two questions. Is the crazy amount of travel time worth it? We will most likely stay 10 days. And are there any locations in a closer proximity that you would recommend? We're looking for an all-inclusive and just to relax. I figure after wedding shit is all said and done we will be looking to just kick back.

Appreciate the help!
Appreciate 0