08-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #79
PNF
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
Well I do like sports photography but I don't do it as much as I'd like to. Probably more for like candid portraits and stuff. I'm thinking the 2.8 is better because I do a lot of concerts with bad lighting (local Chicago club gigs). I also usually don't bring my camera out with me unless I PLAN to shoot, so I guess the weight isn't as much of an issue for me personally, its not like I'm gonna be walkin around town every night, dragging this thing around. And to be fair... when you say its 2x the weight, you're talking about 1.7lbs.

I mean I can sweat out 1.7lbs in an afternoon game of basketball... so its really not THAT much, maybe for a lens, but its not much. Maybe I'll start suspending 2lb weights on my wrists for an hour, 5x a week so I can train for shooting with it

actually no, 1.7lb is the weight of f4 IS. You're looking at 2x that weight, which is 3.4 lbs.

So, thats why I say, if you're shooting with your basic gear, you're looking at hauling 7 lb of gear easily or more.

Also, the rebate for the 70-200 f2.8IS is actually $200.. so you can get it for $1699 right now!!

There were a couple items on ebay going for $1550 with free shipping!!! (and add the 8% cash back), we're talking about only $1400 for the lens!

B&H has them in stock and I was just there a couple weeks ago.

2008 E92 335i (sold)
Appreciate 0