07-16-2023, 07:45 PM   #34
BMW012
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M550i CBM/Ivory

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
Thinking of buying AC Schnitzer lowering kit for the G31. Drop will be 20-25mm front & 15-20mm rear, as it sits 10mm higher anyways with the adaptive suspension I reckon it’ll be just about right. I don’t want it slammed, as good as that’d look I don’t wanna lose the comfort & the convenience of not having to ‘tip toe’ over speed humps.
Does anyone have this set up, if so what’s it like?

It’ll also be needing a new set of tyres in a few thousand miles, am 95% set on getting a set of MPS4S Zero Pressure. Have had a quote of £1,052 fitted, which I thought was ok.
Other contenders are (all rf)
Michelin Primacy 3 £1,020
Pirelli P7 £1,066
I currently have these fitted front & rears respectively & they’ve been fine but I feel that the MPS4S’s will give it a bit more ‘feel’ & will be a bit of an upgrade, which will make the cost a little ‘sweeter’. I had them in go flats on the e92 35i & was very happy with them, wear rate was ok as well.
GoodYear F1 asy 3 £1,086, also had a set of these in go flats on the rear of the 35i when I couldn’t get Michelins & found them very good with slightly more wet grip than what were the current MPS3 but the wear rate was very high, lasted 6,000 miles.
i would say do the tires first, then when you are bored do the springs. springs if its a must.
Appreciate 0