View Single Post
      11-20-2016, 06:45 PM   #28
Paul-Bracq-BMW
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1981 323i, sports M5, LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabugui View Post
Nice to read recognition and honour to an engineer. Too bad these people dont get 1% of what they offer to society. Just get reasonable earnings but recognition is often neglected as bosses, marketing, and pilots or other more public staff get the recognition as if they were to design the Machines and make them work.
Well, Paul Rosche might not be recognised by general car enthusiasts but I can argue that he's very well recognised by BMW M enthusiasts and the general Motorsport world (F1). I have admired him for years especially because he was the father of the M88 engine for the M1, which went to equip many M cars afterwards... He also was the father of arguably one of the greatest road engines ever, the S70 V12 engine of the McLaren F1.

I'm pretty sure he was a revered person at BMW especially since he always stayed with the manufacturer despite offers from other companies to poach his talents. By the way Rosche was Technical Director of BMW Motorsport from 79 to 86, which was a key position in the company.