View Single Post
      12-01-2018, 07:58 PM   #33
Belvedere
Rep
Drives: G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBO View Post
Huh??.. where are you seeing that? Mine doesn't do that. What version of the iDrive software does your car have? Can you share a screen shot or photo?
Apologies for butting in, but my car also gives me alerts re ambient air on start up. The first is to warn me that a cartridge is nearly empty. If you keep using that cartridge, eventually the pop up message is to the effect that it is empty. I can't send a screen shot as neither cartridge is empty or near empty at the moment. While I don't know, given that you discovered that the cartridge has a fragrance soaked sponge in it, I doubt the car actually measures the level of fragrance left. Most likely, it works on a number of "puffs" to empty (as you can intermittently smell the scent when it is released) which are then counted on the chip on the cartridge. If I'm right, then I suspect that if you "re-fill" a cartridge, it will still show up on iDrive as being empty.

The version of iDrive software I have is 006.001.044. But the pop-up messages have always appeared since I got the car in October 17.

BTW I paid $75 for a cartridge at my local dealership. Very expensive, but it's a nice feature IMHO. I will confess, I do have a sensitive nose so maybe that's why I smell it while others don't notice it!
Appreciate 0