Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan13 View Post
Great discussion thread. I’m not a major poster, but this one is right up my alley. I instruct for BMW, Porsche, Audi, and Bill Scott Racing (the Summit Point group). Run somewhere around 40+ days per year.

Have a couple of Z4Ms, wife drove a 128i for years but moved to E46 M3 last year. She’s not an instructor yet, but I’m trying to get her comfortable getting in the right seat.

Tracks Include Watkins, Summit (all 3), Pitt, Dominion, VIR, Road America. Just never had the motivation to go to Jersey. We are trying to fit Mid-Ohio in this year. We are fortunate to live in Virginia, lot of good tracks within a 5 hour drive.

Towing two cars just makes the further options like Road Atlanta, Barber, Limerock and even Road America difficult. Like to add the first 3 soon, but try to get to last one once a year with some friends (there over July 4th weekend this year).

Since this isn’t an opinion thread, I’ll just say they are all good. However, while you will spend 2-3 hours per day on track, it is how you spend the other 6-8 hours a day in the paddock that is more important and more meaningful...friends, cars, coffee, wife for me, and a few beers at the end of the day. Life is good.
Great points and congratulations on having this hobby to share with your wife!! I definitely wanted to stay away from a "this-track-is-better-than-that-track" fiasco as they all have different characteristics which make them special.

Further, you're 100% correct on the paddock time. I wish the fellowship and good will in the paddock could permeate the entire world. I've seen guys all jump under the hood and under cars to help a compatriot get back on the track. I've seen guys go into their own parts stores and literally give away parts worth several thousands of dollars to do the same. Coffee and breakfast spread around without fail, good conversations, no politics, no distractions. Just like-minded people sharing a thing they love. It may not be nirvana but it's pretty damn close.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
fanatic11018.50
jmg18493.00