View Single Post
      02-16-2020, 02:49 PM   #2
Wivenhoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e - delivered Nov 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_F30 View Post
I am aiming to get into a G30 soon and one of the things that annoyed me about the F30 was not having folding seats. I tried to search for it but think this also isn’t easily retrofitted in the G30, am I correct? Can you potentially remove the backseat easily and does it have a gap or is there still framework behind it?

I testdrove a G30 non-xdrive and found the car had quite a bit of wheelspin even when I wasn’t trying. Is xdrive a ‘must’ on these or should I just leave my M-feet at home?

Any other tips/recommendations? Been looking at a 530e/530d/540i. I don’t care about fuel as I don’t do a lot of mileage, therefore believe the 530e will be the cheapest to run as I can commute on the battery and charge at work.
Split folding seats are an option and due to the smaller boot on a 530e I would have thought a lot of them would have the option. I have no idea regards retrofitting.
Can you get a wall charger - the Government still contributes £ 500 to the cost - I charge mine up each time it’s used and over 2,200 miles of mostly local driving I have averaged 70mpg (plus cost of the electric !)
Appreciate 0